Amanda nominated me for a blog award and it made me soooo haaappy! (said like Maid Marian in Robin Hood Men In Tights). And the rules are to list 7 facts about myself. Here we go.
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you. (Thanks Amanda!!)
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself. (See below)
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (Also below.)
1. I can’t stand having things on my to-do list so I tend to do them right away
Which is weird because I’m usually pretty lazy but if I know that something needs to be done, I’m on it. I don’t like having it weigh on my mind.
2. I have a horrible memory (when it comes to recent memories)
One of the reasons I even have a blog is to document my life so I can go back and remember things. I seriously have the worst memory and it’s starting to scare me. But I have no problem remembering things from when I was a kid, or stupid pointless movie quotes.
3. I always seem to break electronics
It makes me think maybe I have some weird super power I don’t yet know how to harness, but a lot of the time, cell phones or computers (and when I was younger CD players) or wi-fi internet connections will just suddenly stop working for me and then people look at me like I’m a moron when I ask what happened.
4. I have resting bitch face
I wish I didn’t but it is what it is. And it makes me sad because I know it gets in the way of meeting new people, and I certainly won’t approach someone because I’m too shy to do that. If I try to make my face look more “friendly” in it’s resting position, it makes the bitch face look worse, like I’m sneering. I’m not about to walk around in a full blown smile all the time. Though I know if I did people would probably smile back at me which would be nice for once.
5. I have a sick sense of humor
Whether it’s a joke about farts, body parts, or has bad words, I’m all about it.
6. I get exhausted after social functions and I dread small talk
I’m blaming this on being an introvert, but I am really freakin uncomfortable at parties or get togethers where I don’t know many people already (plus, my resting bitch face, as mentioned earlier, doesn’t help things). What’s worse, is I’m afraid of saying something completely stupid or offensive in some pointless small talk conversation.
7. I’m still holding out hope that one day I will find a job in the career I studied for
Perhaps I’m just being naive, but discovering that I really loved working in the field of xray made me so happy to have finally found something that I was good at and made me feel smart. It was a ground breaking moment for me to find something I could commit to and not hate because I’ve hated every other job I’ve ever had. But I never hated xray (just the shitty hours they sometimes make you work sucks). And to have been rejected from literally hundreds of positions over the years for whatever reason has broken me a little. But I still have a little hope that it will one day work out for me.
I tag anyone who wants to play!
Just link back so I can see your answers.