I loved this month’s project, but it wasn’t without some yelling and screaming at the confusing pattern. Sorry about that guys! The instructions for the handle section was what stumped a few people and I tried to explain it in more detail in the main post I made for this project.
I used about 4 balls of Lily Sugar N’ Cream yarn: 2 were solid turquoise and 2 were striping yarn with the white, green and blue. The pattern called for over 600 yards which I didn’t end up using all of. My gauge was off (as usual) so my bag measured about 5 inches wider than the pattern says. And I used a smaller hook than suggested too. I don’t know where I went wrong but it came out okay.
I ended up figuring out the handles with the help of some crocheters on Ravelry, but I just made it up as I went along. Instead of finishing off at the top of the handle and repeating the same thing for the other side, I just kept going in one direction and mirrored the pattern. Then slip stitched to join it to the other side to the bag. You can see the seam but I don’t really mind.
I can’t wait to see yours! And Mabel says hi.