- This pattern is made using American terminology terms.
- This case will snugly fit a tablet measuring 4.5 inches by 7.5 inches. The tablet I based this pattern on is a Google Nexus.
- Each row is joined with a slip stitch at the end and I chained up 1.
- Each band of colors consists of 6 rows + 1 row of white. Each of these bands measures 1.5 inches and if you use 5 colors, 5 x 1.5 = 7.5 which will reach the top of your tablet.
- I put my first sc of each row in the same stitch as the slip stitch of the just finished row. Then when I sl st to join at the end, I sl st into this sc instead of the top of the chain st. This hides the seam better than slip stitching into the top of the chain stitch.
Stitches you need to know:
Chain, single crochet, slip stitch.
Worsted weight yarn (5 main colors, white to go in between)
Embroidery floss or thread
Row 1: sc in each st across to end. Do 2 more sc in last st (19)
Rotate work so you are now ready to work on the other side of the base chain (like you’re making an oval).
Sc in each stitch across to end. Do 2 more sc in last stitch, sl st to join (38).
Row 2 – Row 6: Ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st to join, finish off gray yarn (38).
Row 7: Join white yarn to the back middle of project so seam doesn’t show on front. Sc in each st across, sl st to join, finish off (38).
— Continue to change colors every 6 rows, add a row of white on the 7th row —
Row 8 – Row 34 (or desired height): sc in each stitch across, sl st to join, chain up 1 (38)
Row 35 (or very last row): 37 sc, ch 14, sc in same st, 1 sc, sl st to join.
Finish off, weave in ends.
Adding the button:
I sewed my button on the 3rd row down from the top. But put yours where it will allow you to snugly latch the loop around the button.
Please let me know if you have any problems with my pattern. If you don’t know how to do a certain stitch, I recommend searching YouTube for a video tutorial.