I’m 17 weeks as I write this…just starting my 5th month.
- Watching my bump grow. I still have a hard time believing that pregnancy is happening to me.
- People are nicer to me. People at work are always asking how I am and holding doors for me. Someone even offered to heat up my lunch for me! Awww! That would never happen before haha.
- Big boobs and curves. Yup.
- Reaching milestones and getting to share the news: ultrasound pics, gender, first kicks, etc.
- First kicks. OMG I thought it was gas for three days but realized, nope it’s him!
- Making a registry is fun! I learned a lot about cool new products I had no idea existed.
- Maternity pants.
- Planning the nursery makes me giddy as hell.
- Making baby-related DIYs (when I have the energy and patience).
- The time is really flying, though I’m sure it will slow down when I’m feeling like a house and super uncomfortable.
- Wondering who he’ll look like/act like/be like.
- The nastiness of morning sickness things: nausea, gagging, fatigue, puking, sweating, headaches, etc.
- Puking without warning. My stomach never hurts, it just happens (only three times though).
- Shortness of breath because my organs are being squished.
- No more belly sleeping.
- Discovering new pregnancy symptoms that no one told you about. No further comment.
- Worrying about every little cramp, zap, and pain I feel. I’m more nervous than enjoying it.
- Worrying about all the prenatal tests/anticipating bad test results.
- Knowing too much of what could go wrong because of going through IVF.
- Sometimes I REALLY just want a beer and under cooked scallops and a hot bath. And all at once.
- I cry easily/I cry if I’m hungry and don’t want any of the food we have/I cry if I’m tired. I basically feel like I’m on the verge of tears over nothing a lot.
- My appetite is super finicky/I change my mind multiple times a day on what I want for dinner.
- Having to drink so much damn water. I’m in the bathroom 30 times a day.
- Any questions I have, I can never find THE answer. There’s always contradicting answers. Frustrating.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)