I’m so in love with this blanket! I posted before that it’s been a crochet bucket list project and it feels so good to cross it off my list!
- The pattern is by CreJJtion. You can purchase your own here.
- The yarn I used is Catania sport, 100% cotton in 50g balls (125 meters). It took me forever to hunt down an online source that had all the colors I needed. This yarn is popular outside of the US and I didn’t want to spend a lot on shipping. I found some on loveknitting.com.
- I used a 3.5 mm hook, one size up from what the pattern called for because I crochet tight.
- I wasn’t sure I’d have enough yarn at first! The balls of yarn are small and my gauging is usually off, but I had plenty to work with. Especially since I had 9 different colors to work with.
- I tend to gravitate towards using worsted weight yarn for projects, but the Catania was sport weight so it was just a different experience to use a thinner yarn and smaller hook for a blanket.
- The different colors and patterns of each row kept my attention so I didn’t find myself wanting to work on something else while making this blanket.